Thursday, May 2, 2013

Literature/Books

My favorite book is the Harry Potter series. The books revolve around Harry Potter, an orphan whose parents were killed by the Dark Lord Voldemort. The evil wizard tried to kill Harry, but couldn't because his mother sacrificed herself for her son. At the age of eleven, Harry discovers that he is a wizard, living within the ordinary world of non-magical (Muggle) people. His ability is inborn and such children are invited to attend a school that teaches the necessary skills to succeed in the wizarding world. Harry becomes a student at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and it's here where most of the books' events take place. As Harry develops through his adolescence, he learns to overcome the problems that face him: magical, social, and emotional, including ordinary teenage challenges such as friendships and exams, and the greater test of preparing himself for the confrontation that lies ahead.

Since I was a child, I loved this book. I truly believe that it has influenced me to make me the person that I am today.

No comments:

Post a Comment